Stationery – for many couples, this is the ultimate “where do we even start?!” part of wedding planning. And while brides dream of the perfect stationery, getting there is more of a process than many couples realize. Here is a great beginners guide to getting your stationery planning started!
- What pieces? There are many different pieces of weddings stationery you could order – your invitations alone could include a Save The Date (sent out before hand), the invite itself, as well as individual cards for guest RSVP, maps and accommodations or special instructions for guests. On top of that, there is your Day-Of stationery, which can include programs, a seating chart, escort cards, place cards, menu cards, table numbers and favour tags. And then for the last stationery round, we can’t forget the all important Thank You cards.
- How many? How many of each piece you order greatly depends on your number of guests.
- How much? The average wedding budget allocates about 5% for wedding invitations so that’s a nice way for you to estimate what you might spend. If you’re dreaming of big time bling and a piece of stationery that your guests will keep on their fridge long after your wedding, then you might want to save up a bit of extra cash to put your invites over the top!
- What to say? This is both a tricky question and a straight forward question: you want the invitation to reflect you as a couple, and if you’re casual in nature, it’s fine to be a little loose on the traditional formalities. But there are plenty of etiquette guidelines to help you craft wording if you’re not even sure where to start!
- When to order? This a great opportunity to work on a work-back timeline. If you wedding is July 1, you’ll want to have your invites in the mail 6 weeks before hand, so you’ll want to have them in your hot little hands 8 weeks before you wedding. Your best bet is to get going on your stationery about 6 months ahead of your wedding date, and give yourself even more time if you are sending Save The Dates as well!
- Who to go to? Meet some of Calgary best wedding stationery stores below
A full service stationery and gift shop, The Social Page is Calgary’s go to stationery affienaido. From a small number of custom invitations to your bridal shower to hundreds of pieces of stationery for your wedding day, The Social Page has sophisticated and creative designers on staff in store to help you through every step of your process. Based in Canmore, Alberta, Pink Umbrella Designs was born out of the love of graphic design, colour and creative people. Ranging from fully customized wedding stationery services to a fun DIY online shop, Pink Umbrella Designs creates memorable and unique stationery inspired by creative trends. See more from Pink Umbrella Designs Stylish, creative and handcrafted, Glimpz Invitations offers stationery that fits perfectly in line with your vision of your event. A boutique, by appointment only creative agency, Glimpz works one-on-one with couples to make sure their stationery reflects the style of your wedding.